General Support Policy Overview
Support available through your account at wordpressdeveloperonline.com, which grants you access to a customer-only support system. Our customer support representatives are available Monday through Saturday 9-7 Mon-Sat Pacific Standard Time; excluding all major holidays.
WordPress Developer Online monthly plans are offered “as is”, with no implied warranty or guarantee it will function exactly as you wish, or with all 3rd-party components and plugins. Further, we do not develop new website features of any kind, we are purely focused on maintaining your website into the future in its current state.
We only cover support for the WordPress Developer Online monthly plan, and we can’t give general WordPress support; or offer advice about things which are not specifically related to our Products.
Scope Of WordPress Developer Online Support Services
Minor maintenance issues include:
- browser rendering issues in the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- plugin or theme issues that have been introduced during a software upgrade.
- Maintenance and Support is understood to be focused on the minor ongoing issues that a website is commonly faced with. Clients are limited to one hour per month support and maintenance.
We will provide support for a websites existing plugins until such time as they are no longer supported or compatible with wordpress core files and functionality. When a plugin is no longer supported it is the clients responsibility to find, install and test a suitable replacement.
When a support ticket for a bug is submitted:
- The Company will firstly assess the bug to ensure that it is part of the Clients Support Plan and not a new feature that has not been proven stable.
- Once the bug is confirmed as part of the existing Client website and not a new unstable feature, the Company will get to work fixing your bug. It is understood that in some cases, due to the changing nature of the internet, a bug being agreed to as fixed may not necessarily mean that everything will be identical to the way it was before. A bug being fixed is defined as: the issue/bug is no longer creating a usability or accessibility issue for users. The aesthetics are not a factor in a bug being marked as fixed, but we will always do our best to keep things looking as good as possible.
- For the purposes of this document, a bug is defined as “an introduced error on the clients Website that negatively effects the user experience or the ability of a user to complete a required task.
Support for new web development not included in the existing website
A WordPress Developer Online plan is designed to maintain your website in its current stable condition. We provide peace of mind that the website you have now, will still be there and working for you tomorrow and next year. We understand that websites need to continue evolving with new features. WordPress Developer Online doesn’t aim to stop new web development by not supporting new features, but there are some requirements to take note of. We take a snapshot of your website when it joins The Plan and we will support new features once they are proven to be stable. They are proven to be stable when they are not causing any bugs and, if the dev included a new plugin or new theme, they must be updateable by the wordpress plugin updater (ie. no core plugin modifications). Basically they must meet that assessment criteria all over again. web development must also not alter core wordpress, core theme, or core framework or core plugin files. All modifications are to be completed by the use of a child theme. It is the responsibility of the client to let us know when web development is completed so that we can make sure our services will not impact the new dev work. We won’t be responsible for effecting new development that we were not made aware of.
We will try help our customers in any way we can, but we can’t provide in-depth technical assistance (or offer ongoing advice) related to customization or modifications. If you are requesting assistance in this regard, and it only requires us to publish a couple lines of code, we will gladly help you. Or at least point you in the right direction.
FUTURE MODIFICATIONS / CHANGES IN SUPPORT POLICY
WordPress Developer Online reserves the right to change or modify it’s current Support Policy with no prior notice. If we decide to change our Support Policy, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the modification date below.